søndag 23. november 2014

My skincare routine for fall and winter

Long and behold it´s finally here, my skincare routine! I has been meaning to get this up for a while, but I keep adding and changing products. My skin is now looking the best it has done for as long as I can remember, no pimples, no bumps, less white and blackheads. The products I´m going to mention is what is working for me wight now, it will keep on changing as my skin dose throughout the year and because I get bored with products even though they´re amazing.

My skin goes to the oily side during the warmer seasons and gets dry during the colder. I live in Norway where it can be very cold especially if there isn´t any snow. In my work I´m in and out of the cold several times a day which dosen´t help my skin much. I havn´t been using much makeup lately which also helps my skin by not clogging up my pores.


I realize it looks like a lot of products, I was a bit shocked when lying it out since it really dosen´t feel like that many steps in the morning. Not shown are face masks, I´ll be doing another post with that later.


Oil cleanser - RE:CIPE cleansing oil in green tea

If I´m wearing face makeup I´ll use this RE:CIPE cleansing oil in green tea. I bought mine from the memeshop in my beginning adventure into Korean skincare. I apply it on dry face and massaging it in for a few minutes before adding water. It will turn to a milky color and wash of easily. I don´t like using it for removing eye makeup as it makes my vision go foggy for a few minutes. As for eye makeup I just use what ever sample of makeup remover I have, I´m not picky. I  don´t like the scent of this particular cleanser, but they also make a rose one that I would like to try.

It´s available at the memeshop for $25

Size: 200ml

Repurchase: maybe 


Foam cleanser - It´s skin mini bebe creamy foam

This is my first step in the morning and second step if I´m wearing makeup in the evening. It´s skin mini bebe creamy foam. This is great for removing all dirt that is built up in the skin. It dosen´t strip my skin to much where it irritates it or dries it out, but enough where my skin feels clean. It foams up beautifully and you only need a tiny bit, I´ve been using this for one and a half month and there is still weeks worth of product and I over use cleansers! It´s also very cheap so I totally recommend it. I did test the pH level earlier and it´s around 7-8 if that´s something you´re concerned about. It dosen´t have a strong scent.

I bought mine from eBay it´s currently on sale for $3.87 with free shipping.

Size: 30ml

Repurchase: Already bought two more in the banana version, it has a stronger smell then this, but it works the same. The size is perfect for travel and I´ve also stashed one at my moms so I don´t have to bring it.






Peeling gel - Swanicoco Call Emotion Snail Gommage Peeling


I´m not the best at remembering to exfoliate my skin, but this is my favorite when I do. It removed dead skin cells and leaves my skin feeling soft. I can´t stand product that feels stripping on my face so this is great for me! It dosen´t irritate my skin and only has a faint fresh smell.

I got mine in the from nature box, it´s available on eBay.

Size: 100ml

Repurchase: maybe


Toner - LadyKin Elmaju Broccoli Essence Toner

The dispenser on this is one where you push down with a cotton pad and it soaks it. It works great and I just love how simple it´s. The best way I can describe it is that it feels soft on the skin. It helps moisturize, soothe and calm my skin. Other toners can irritate and feel striping, but this one is very gentle. It has a pleasant clean smell, but it´s not over powering. I saw a change in my skin when I started to use this. It was less irritated, less redness and less breakouts. You can open this up and reuse it with other toners when it´s empty too.

I got mine in special 20 superfood, but you can get it in the memeshop on sale now for $10.

Size: 150ml

Repurchase: I´ve already repurchased two of this one.






Eye treatment patches - Keyskin Gold Hydro Gel Eye & Spot Patch


If I´m tired in the morning or my eyes are puffy I love using these patches. They help lighten my under eyes and they feel cooling and refreshing. I like that there are so many uses in each box which makes them more economical and more likely for me to use them. The don´t have any scent to them.

I received these in mask edition 1 and mask edition 2. They used to be available at the memeshop, hopefully they´ll be back.

Size: 60 eye patches and 30 spot patches

Repurchase: yes






Eye cream day - Mary Kay Indulge® Soothing Eye Gel

Before I got into Korean skincare I was using Mary Kay for a few years, I was really bored with it though. I do still like this eye cream, it´s cooling and light. It´s nothing amazing, but I do like it. It dosen´t have any noticeable scent.

You need to be in contact with a Mary Kay beauty consultant to get it.

Size: 0.4 oz

Repurchase: I still have another backup, then I´m looking forward to trying other products.




Eye cream night - Dr. Jart V7 Eye Serum

This is a light gel eye cream, but it moisturizes my eye area well and absorbed fast. I feel like my dark circles are a lot lighter then before I started to using this. My one complaint is that it can be hard to control the amount of product you squeeze out. It dosen´t have any noticeable scent. 

I got this in luckybox 2luckybox 3 and nakedbox 21. It´s available on eBay, but the prices is $37.80+.

Size: 15ml

Repurchase: I already have two backups.



First essence - purebess Galactomyces 100%

I use the purebess Galactomyces 100% to help the rest of the products to absorb and "do their best". It´s supposed to be a lot like Missha first treatment essence. I´ve noticed that the time it takes for the rest of the products to absorb is less when I use this first. This absorb within straight after application and my skin feels ready for the next step. I have only been using it for a week, so I´ll be back with a more in depth review once I´ve used it longer, but so far I love how it helps the rest of my skin care and my skin looks more even.

I got mine in special 6 whole grain and thumbs up! Bloggers´ picks (review coming). You can get it here, but I´ve not used this seller before. I found several sellers selling it for around $10, but be aware that sellers from China can have fake items.

Size: 50ml

Repurchase: I already got a backup from the thumbs up! After that I would like to try the Missha first treatment essence, but I suspect I´ll be buying more of this in the feature.


Second essence - Seatree Syn-Ake Essence

When I first started using this I had a small reacting/irritation in the skin, but that was only for a few days. I feel like this one helps "plump" my skin and hydrate. It has a fresh clean smell and absorbs into my skin in a minute after application.

I got mine in special 32 OMG 2, I wasn´t able to find this for sale anywhere.

Size: 45ml

Repurchase: maybe



Ampule - LadyKin Phytoplan Broccoli Wrinkle Radiance Power Ampoule

This is the ampoule from the same line as the toner. It has a thick consistency compared to other ampules I´ve used. It´s supposed to help reduce appearance of wrinkles, improve skin radiance and tone. I do feel like this helps my skin look better and felt a change after starting to use it. I don´t have any wrinkles yet, but I like to use a few anti-wrinkle to prevent. It has a different smell from the toner, but its light and almost fruity, maybe its the broccoli extracts though. 

I received this in the special 20 superfood, but it´s also available at the memeshop curently on sale for $25.

Size: 50ml

Repurchase: I already have a backup!


Serum daytime - Seven DIAS Medi Anti-Blemish Serum

Like with wrinkles I like to try to prevent blemishes and that´s what this serum dose. it´s made from germination, soybean, mung bean, brown rice, barely, sophora root extracts, cantella asiatica and pomegranate extracts. I feel like it dose help with preventing problems in my skin. I like the way it applies to my skin, refreshing it, but the smell isn´t a favorite although I can´t put my finger on the smell! I like that it comes with a pump, but the top can be removed witch is generally a good thing, but this has a way of opening when removing the cap, letting the air back in and leaving me having to pump it out again and possibly contaminating the product.

I got mine in special 34 whole grain 2, I haven´t seen this one for sale anywhere.

Size: 40ml

Repurchase: maybe


Serum night - Mary Kay timewise night solution

This it the serum I´ve been using for the last few years. The timewise line is supposed to be anti-wrinkle and this one is supposed to boosts renewal over night. I don´t know how effective it´s, I don´t have any wrinkles, but then I´m only in my twenties. It´s cool with its small capsules, I´m almost done and look forward to trying something new.

You get get this through a Mary Kay consultant.

Size: 29ml


Repurchase: no


Cream - Cotterange Aesthetic Reparative-K Cream

This cream is AMAZING! After the first use I could see a difference in my skin. After I woke up my skin was "plump", looked more health and nourished. I started using this when my skin was oilier and started using it as a night cream, but I now use it day and night. I was afraid that this wouldn´t last me that long, it looked so small! It´s on its 10th week now and its running out soon, but 8 weeks one time a day and 2+ weeks two time a day isn´t bad! I only used with on my face unlike other moisturizers trying to savor it.

I got mine in superbox 35 fermented cosmetics 2, but it´s sold at wishtrend, but it´s currently sold out. 

Size: 20g and 50g

Repurchase: I got a backup from another member of the memebox addicts facebook group and I really need to get my hands on more!






Ampoule 2 - Soy BIO Plus Fermented Lumpoule

Since my skin is so dry atm I´m using another ampoule with my moisturizer. These from Soy BIO also prevents wrinkles and to brighten up the skin. These are OK for adding some more moisture to my skin, but it´s not my favorite ampoule to use and they´re extremely expensive.

I received this in global 13, they´re also available at the memeshop 14 for $65. One of there lasts me a few weeks.

Size: 6ml x 14

Repurchase: probably not





Oil - Aston Nature Organic Rose Hip Oil


Confession time, I´m still using this oil. I noticed when it arrived that it expires the 10th of February 2015 (I don´t believe memebox for a second saying its a sell by date...) People noticed that it smelled of and some throw it out because they didn´t dear to use it. By then I had used it several times and my skin seemed to like it a lot. I couldn´t bare to through it out just yet. Mine dosent smell that bad either and it dosen´t bother me after I apply it. It had helped moisturize my skin and brighten it which it really needed. I use this at night and my skin is more moisturized and brighter in the mornings after I´ve used this. It absorbed fast and dosen´t leave my skin oily.

I got this from special 48 rose edition, I haven´t seen this brand around, but you can find other rose hip oils online.

Size: 30ml

Repurchase: I will be repurchasing a rose hip oil, but probably another brand. 





Sleeping mask - Heart Face Ultra Pore Care Sleeping Pack

Lately I´ve mostly been using oil instead of sleeping mask, but this is my favorite so far. The Heart face is moisturizing, my favorite thing to use it for is when I´ve used a clay mask or another type of mask that is more stripping. When ever I use this one my skin don´t get irritated or react. Even when I´ve been a bad girl and picked on it, this makes sure my skin look it´s best the day after.

I received this in luckybox 3 and luckybox 4, I´ve only seen it on sale at memebox Korea site. Let me know if you know where to find this!

Size: sample size 20ml, full size 50ml

Repurchase: If I can find it

 As you can see I use a lot of products, but it goes by it self in the morning and at night it´s my way of staring to relax and get ready for bed. I usually use a wash of mask every other day and a sheet mask every other day, but I´ll do a blog post with that later.

I´ll keep reviewing new products I try out as I use them and I´ll probably update my routine in the spring. Thank you for checking out my blog and hope you have a great day!


Disclaimer: I purchased everything mentioned in this post with my own money. Afflicted links was used when making this post.

 


4 kommentarer:

  1. I love the way you talk about your rutine Ida :) I keep changing mine too when I find new products that I love :) Thanks a bunch for telling us! Looking forward to your blog about masks :)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. You're to kind! It's so much fun trying out new stuff after using the same things for years! The mask post will be up when I've tried a few more, there are so many great out there!

      Slett
  2. You inspire me! I'm off to do deep skin treatment middle of the day haha~ Thank god class ended earlier. :P

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Yey I love to inspire people! Gosh I need to save up and go to a face salon, I haven´t done that in years! Let me know how it was!

      Slett